Leipzig is a long-standing hub of culture with a history stretching back over a millennium. Its reputation as Germany’s secret music capital is explained by the presence of leading composers such as Bach, Schumann, Mendelssohn and Wagner. The historical city centre is a delightful place to go shopping or simply enjoy a stroll thanks to its unique network of arcades. Many of the sights – including the Old Town Hall, St Thomas’s Church, St Nicholas’s Church, and diverse museums and galleries – can easily be reached on foot. Other cultural gems include the Gewandhaus Orchestra, Leipzig Opera House, St Thomas’s Boys Choir and the popular comedy clubs.
Special tour package: ‘Introducing Leipzig’
- 3 nights including breakfast in one of our partner hotels
- LEIPZIG CARD: 3-day pass for free use of public transport and many discounts
- 1 guidebook (‘Leipzig in a Day’) and 1 sightseeing map per room
- Combined guided tour (walking, coach) at 10.30am (day 2)
- ‘On the trail of Goethe and Faust’ at the Auerbachs Keller restaurant including tour, dish of the day and Mephisto dessert (day 3, 11.30am)
- Admission to the Monument to the Battle of Leipzig and Forum 1813
Valid all year, subject to availability. In January and February, the package includes a 2-hour walking tour instead of the combined guided tour.
Please book no later than four weeks before arrival.
NB: We’ll be happy to book concert tickets on your behalf, including for the Gewandhaus.
This package can also be booked for groups or as a gift voucher!
From €195 p.p. in double/twin room
Single room supplement from €60
Leipzig Tourismus und Marketing GmbH